Featured Post

Huey from Hawaii

   Hello, My name is Hubert, well my new family actually calls me Huey and I think I like that, at least it's growing on me. This...

Monday, October 17, 2016

What's in a Name?

So my new family names everything. Since I have never had a name before I guess that was pretty cool of them to give me one. But, Hubert.....?

They were throwing around some names for me. Jill suggsted Prairie Schooner (you know like covered wagon days). Mixed reception on that one, so she tried again. Daisy? No one jumped on that. What about a Minion name she suggested, after all I am yellow. Nope. The kids are NOT riding around in a Minion mobile. Why? They suggested tie dying me and painting flower chains and sayings and cartoons all over me. Mom said NO! Really, she said it like that. I guess she feels strongly about that. But, a Minion is better? She still likes Prairie Schooner.

Then one day Olivia had a special lemonade bottle. It looked like this.
















After that everyone started calling me Hubert and that got shortened to Huey.  I am NOT a lemon, but I must be just as cute as that winking lemon on the bottle, because the name stuck. 
Jill: I still think Prairie Schooner would have been a good name.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment