Featured Post

Huey from Hawaii

   Hello, My name is Hubert, well my new family actually calls me Huey and I think I like that, at least it's growing on me. This...

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Cushions and pillows


Jill:
For the curtain and cushion fabric I bought outdoor fabric from Jo-Ann's at a half price sale. I found some of the camping fabric there too, the other I bought at Fabric.com, all on sale, (is there any other way?).   On the bottom of the cushions I used gray marine vinyl (also on sale at Jo-Ann's).  I purchased a heavy outdoor thread for extra strength.






The bench/mattress covers are sewn with an envelope end, just like the pillows, so they can be removed easily for washing. It bunched a bit, which I am not pleased with, but it works quite well, so it will do.

This mattress that Jigs is sitting on here, actually goes on the floor to make use of the lower bunk and the floor space for comfortable sleeping when we have all six of us.
Mozey makes himself at home.

 The foldout bed was harder to cover. Though it came with it's own cover, that one is a bit thin and catches snags. So, to prolong it's life I wanted to cover it. I bought a couch cover but it was all the wrong shape. Since I can't return it, I am considering how to re sew it to work. For now this flannel sheet is doing just fine, though a bit too unfitted for long term,  and it fits nicely when folded out as well.
The envelope end works well with the pillows, not as good on the mattresses.
Mozey The Prince has found his pillow, after checking out 
each and every one.





1 comment:

  1. Hello Daisy. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you, your family and your intentional living that brings purpose in life. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be strengthened,encouraged and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest ofp oor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults fromt he west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your grown up children come with their friends to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete