Featured Post

Huey from Hawaii

   Hello, My name is Hubert, well my new family actually calls me Huey and I think I like that, at least it's growing on me. This...

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Huey from Hawaii


Hello, My name is Hubert, well my new family actually calls me Huey and I think I like that, at least it's growing on me. This blog is my story. I hope you will enjoy the tales of my many adventures! I know I am going to enjoy having them.

I did not used to have a name. Once upon a time I was a school bus in Hawaii. I took kids to and from school every day for many years. Then I retired and moved to California. (Those are my retirement photos at the top of this post).  Well, there's not much for a short school bus to do in retirement, you know our options are sort of limited. Usually the buses get sold for parts or to day cares, camps, bus rental companies and churches. The company took a chance and listed me on E-Bay. That's how my family found me and gave me new life.  
Dave won the bid and flew out to pick me up. He thought I was from California, boy did I surprise him with my Hawaii license plates! (There will be a post all about that adventure!) I actually think he was not too thrilled at first. But, I think my good engine won him over, we seem to be pretty good friends now.  We drove a very long way. I had never taken such a long drive. You know, Hawaii island driving is not quite like California to Colorado driving. Through the Mohave desert we drove, wow! that was something else, no tropical trees, plenty of sand but no beaches. And then Colorado! Well, never had I dreamed of that. It was hard to breath for a while and the snow! That's what they call the white frozen stuff that covered me in drifts for a long time. Not a fan at first.  
This is a picture of me covered in drifts. I am not too happy with Colorado at this point, I'm a feeling homesick for Hawaii and beaches and warmth. And I miss the kids.






No comments:

Post a Comment