Featured Post

Huey from Hawaii

   Hello, My name is Hubert, well my new family actually calls me Huey and I think I like that, at least it's growing on me. This...

Thursday, October 20, 2016

A Touch of Remorse and Homescickness





So MUCH snow! I had never seen snow before nor been so very cold. I was feeling all my energy sap out of me.  Homesick? Yes, I think so. Who wouldn't pine away for Hawaii when stuck in snow drift after snow drift. I'm pretty sure Dave was feeling something unpleasant too. He kept using the term "Buyers Remorse". Whatever that means. Was he homesick too? No, he lives here, he is used to snow. I bet he was wishing he bought a beach side cottage instead of an old bus. Running the snow blower week after week will do that to a man I hear. Maybe they can tell you more about what that means.

Every time Dave went to start the bus we had battery issues. So a new battery was purchased. That too seemed to go bad right away. Dave resorted to taking the battery out and putting it on a charger in the garage. He put the battery back in whenever we wanted to use it. This seemed to solve the problem temporarily, but that was a big pain. Having driven from CA to CO and having had no issues, we were at a loss as to why this was happening. Good engine. Also, the tires were really bad. It snowed so much that it took months for us to get it out enough to where Dave could take it for tires. These things gave Dave the "buyers remorse" feelings. Plus it was February, a rather cold and brown month here. He resolved to go by the school bus lot and ask their mechanics some questions once he could get the bus out. We had the bus, so we were going to have to make the best of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment